Friday, October 1, 2010

Laundry

I know, such an exciting thing to blog about, right?  I love washing and drying clothes, love when the house smells “April fresh” but I sure wish the clothes would fold and put themselves away.  Honestly, if I had the money for help I could employ somebody with laundry alone.
We are a house of 7 people, 4 of which are adult size and one is still sleeping in cloth diapers.  We do a lot of laundry.  It is nice feeling at the end of a productive Sunday when laundry is clean and put away unless that includes your entire running wardrobe.  Before my injury I was running 4 days a week so it was rare for all my running clothes to be clean and put away.  Generally, they were in some form of laundry limbo (apparently my word of the week).  LOL
My running clothes have been clean and put away for weeks now.  I miss them.  I ran many, many hours in 95 degree temps and high humidity knowing it would get cooler eventually and I just might get faster.  The cool weather is here and I can’t run.  Seems like some kind of cruel joke.  I am not a runner, of the three disciplines of triathlon it is my least favorite but I can honestly say I miss it and look forward to running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment